You are about to embark on one of the biggest investments you are likely to make. Many councils now require a provisional BER at planning application. Soon all planning departments across the country will require provisional BER’s to prove compliance with Part L.
It is therefore vital that you are fully informed of the difficult decisions you are about to make. Building an energy efficient and sustainable building is in everyone’s interest. A Provisional BER report will ensure that your building will have as high an energy rating as possible.
- Your home will be more comfortable
- Your space and water heating systems will be cost efficient
- You will be also making a vital contribution to reducing climate change
- A favorable rating will be an extra marketing tool when renting or selling
Who should get a Provisional BER Report?
Any individual involved in the building process can avail of a PBER. The plans would typically be sent to us. We will then identify ways in which the energy efficiency can be improved. The earlier you contact us the better, but we can help even if the build has commenced.
What will EcoEfficiency do?
- Agree on a goal for the project.
- Analyze all areas from site selection, building form and orientation.
- Calculate the provisional energy rating for your home using the official Irish method for calculating the energy performance of dwellings or non-domestic buildings. Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) Discover energy requirements.
- Research new products and technologies that are available and suitable for your home.
- Discuss the possibility of achieving grant aid.
- Make product recommendations.
- Implement and re-calculate the BER based on any changes and/or improvements made.
- Provide a list of different products and outline their effects on the energy rating of your building/home.
We provide practical, no nonsense advice on energy efficiency in your building/home.
How to find out more:
Simply contact us and one of our team will be more than happy to answer any query you have.