Development Part L Compliance/Provisional BER
We can provide your provisional & final BER’s as well as Air permeability certificates.
A provisional BER is geared towards ensuring that a development reaches the maximum energy rating possible for the minimum level of investment. The report outlines areas of energy efficiency that can be improved and renewable technologies that suit your particular development. The focus is on attaining the best BER Certificate possible for either domestic or commercial buildings. With buyers becoming increasingly more aware of the energy costs of running a building a positive BER will make your development more appealing.
What are the benefits of a Provisional BER?
- You will be complying with your legal requirements
- It is the most effective method of ensuring the highest rating for your development.
- It is specific to your development.
- We will identify areas where improvements can be made and recommend the best solutions.
- As Ecoefficiency are 100% independent and totally impartial, our recommendations are based on your needs alone rather than on commissions that can be earned through commercial agreements with product suppliers.
Who typically uses this service?
What will EcoEfficiency do?
- Agree on a goal for the project.
- Analyze all areas from site selection, building form and orientation.
- Calculate the provisional energy rating for your home using the official Irish method for calculating the energy performance of dwellings.
- Discover energy requirements.
- Research new products and technologies which are available, and suitable for your building.
- Discuss the possibility of achieving grant aid.
- Make product recommendations.
- Implement and re calculate the BER based on any changes and/or improvements made
- Provide a list of different products and outline their effects on the energy rating of your development.
What will the report provide?
- A step by step plan on how each building type can achieve its optimal rating.
- A breakdown as to how each alteration to the building fabric affects the energy rating.
- A cost benefit analysis of each recommendation recommended.
- Energy efficiencies for each proposal are calculated.
How to find out more:
Simply contact us and one of our team will be more than happy to answer any query you have.